SERB Overseas Doctoral Fellowship Programme
The Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), which is a statutory body of the Department of Science and Technology of the Government of India recently launched the Overseas Doctoral Fellowship Programme. This programme provides scholarships to Indian students who have graduated from Indian universities/colleges and are willing to pursue PhD in either Science, Technology, Engineering or Medicine from international universities of good repute.
- The candidate should be an Indian.
- An eligible degree from India, either undergraduate/postgraduate, in Science, Technology, Engineering or Medicine.
- The degree should be awarded not before the preceding 2 years.
- Candidate should have received admission into a doctoral research programme in either of the **areas mentioned below in top ranked universities.
The doctoral fellowship amount that will be awarded to the candidate will be US $24000 per year and it will be offered for a span of 4 years. Only for an exceptional case will the fellowship be extended for another year. A one time contingency allowance of Rs. 60000 and a return airfare ticket (economy class) will be given to the candidate as well.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with International Universities
- Cambridge University - UK
- Stanford University - USA
- Carnegie Mellon University - USA
- University of Southern California - USA
- University of California, Irvine - USA
- Rice University - USA
- The State University of New York, University of Buffalo - USA
- University of British Columbia - Canada
** Areas of Research
|No.||Area of Research||No.||Area of Research|
|1||Materials||14||Biology and Mathematics|
|3||Sustainable Chemistry||16||Cognitive Science|
Quantum Computing &
|5||Complex Systems||18||Advanced Manufacturing|
|6||Theoretical Mathematical Science||19||Cyber Security|
|7||Big Data||20||Encryption and Decryption|
Petroleum and Petro-Chemical
|9||Bio-Energy||22||Science of Climate Change|
|10||Genetic to Physiology||23||Glaciology|
High Performance Computation
Algorithms and Combinatorial