Criminology & Police Science Scholarship 2015
The Government of India (Bureau of Police Research & Development) offers 12 fellow scholarships to Indian citizens currently working in the doctoral field of Criminology and Police Sciences. The applicants must be enrolled in an institution that offers a Ph.D program. The scholarship shall be payable only to the institution and will cover the charges for three years of academic research. This fellow scholarship program is highly esteemed and prestigious for the Indian citizens. A study in criminology and police science will help students get a deep understanding about criminal physiology. This scholarship has been awarded to some of the most deserving students over the past decades.
An applicant can apply for scholarship only if he/she is pursuing a doctorate in the following subjects;
- Social work
- Public Administration
- Social Anthropology
- Political Science
- Police Administration
About the scholarship
- The tenure of this esteemed fellowship will likely be for three years.
- There will be a total of 6 fellowship scholarship granted under which a total of Rs.8,000 per month for the first two years and Rs.9,000 for the third year granted to each candidate.
- During the scholarship, each candidate shall be granted a sanctioned contingency grant of Rs. 10,000 per year.
- The government shall even provide an additional assistance fees to the institution in which the candidate is pursuing his Ph.D program for infrastructural help.
- Medical benefits may be provided as per UGC rules.
An applicant must fulfill these criteria in order to apply for the scholarship,
- The applicant must hold a 1st or 2nd class position in the Master's Degree.
- Applicants applying under the General Category must have at least scored 55% marks in subjects- Sociology, Criminology, Psychology, Social work, Public Administration, Social Anthropology, Political Science, Police Administration, and Law.
- He/she if belongs to the OC/SC/OBC then they must have scored not less than 50% marks in the above-mentioned subjects.
- Applicants who have qualified will be given preference for NET/SET.
- Under the General Category, the age limit for applicants is 30 years, and for the Reserve Category, the age limit is 35 years.
The application forms for fellowship scholarship in criminology and police sciences are available on request. Alternatively, applicants can downloaded the form from the website www.bprd.nic.in
- The Application must be addressed to: The Director General, Bureau of Police Research & Development, Ministry of Home Affairs, Block No. 11, 4th Floor, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi- 110003.
- Applicants must send self-addressed unstamped envelope of size 28cm x 12 cm attached along with their request.
- Deadline for sending in application: 17 February, 2015
- Incomplete and inadequate application forms shall be disqualified. Any late application form submission shall not be considered.
- Applicants who shall try to win a scholarship by force or pressure from political parties or other resources will be certainly disqualified.