2018 Korean Government Scholarship Program Announced
The Embassy of the Republic of Korea has announced the 2018 Korean Government Scholarship Program for Indian students who would like to pursue their undergraduate degrees in Korea. The program has been developed to foster friendship between the two countries and promote international exchange and cooperation in education. 2 Indian students will be chosen under this scholarship program who will be eligible to pursue their Bachelor's degrees at one among 58 Korean universities.
The academic program consists of a 4-year Bachelor's degree after a preliminary Korean language program (which is 1 year long). The Korean language training is mandatory and candidates need to attain a certain level on Test of Proficiency in Korean as required by NIIED.
All applicants must meet the following conditions in order to qualify for the scholarship program:
- The applicant and his/her parents must be Indian citizens and neither the applicant or his/her parents should hold Korean citizenship
- The applicant must be under the age of 25 as of March 1, 2018
- The applicant must be in good mental and physical health
- The applicant must have graduated or be expected to graduate from 12th standard by March 1, 2018
- The student must possess a GPA above 80% from the last educational institution he/she has attended. Additionally, he/she must be in the top 20% of his/her class in terms of GPA
- The student must have no travelling limitations for foreign countries
- The applicant must not be a recipient of any other scholarship from Korea for an undergraduate program
The selection procedure for the scholarship started on the 25th of September and the tentative timeline for the same is as described below.
|November 27 - December 28||
Students who win the scholarship will be studying in Korean between 2018 and 2023. The benefits of the program are as follows:
- Airplane ticket fare for one-way ticket to Korea at the start of the scholarship and one-way ticket from Korea after completing the scholarship. The fare covers an economy class flight.
- Monthly stipend of 800,000 KRW per month
- Tuition fee of up to 5 million KRW covered by the NIIED. In case the fees exceeds 5 million, the remaining amount is covered by the host university.
- Settlement allowance of 200,000 KRW upon arrival
- Scholarship completion grant of 100,000 KRW upon completion of studies
- Full cost of the Korean language training
- Medical insurance
- Korean Proficiency Grants of 100,000 KRW for students with level 5 or 6 on TOPIK
Hurry and apply for the scholarships before applications close on 13th Oct, 2017.
For more information please visit www.studyinkore.go.kr