XAT 2020 - Xavier Aptitude Test
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is a paper-based entrance examination conducted every year by Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI) School of Business Management on behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). XAT scores form the primary criterion for admission in MBA and other management courses at XLRI and over 150 other business schools in the country that also accept XAT scores.
XAT 2020 - Xavier Aptitude Test
XAT 2020 will be conducted at multiple test centres in 47 cities across the India and two international cities, namely Dubai and Kathmandu.
Who is the exam for?
You should consider applying for XAT exam if you are interested in pursuing post graduate management education from XLRI or other management institutions in India that accept XAT scores as one of their admission criteria. Appear for the exam if you are looking to pursue post graduate diploma management (PGDM) courses at XLRI in Business Management (BM), Human Resource Management (HRM), Global MBA, General Management (GM), and a fellow's programme in management (FPM). Your XAT score also qualifies you to apply for management courses in over 140 associate member institutions across India.
XAT 2020 Exam Dates
XAT 2020 Admit card
3rd Week of December 2019 (tentative)
XAT 2020 will be conducted on
1st Sunday of January, 2020
XAT 2020 Score Card & OMR Answer Sheet
2nd Week of January, 2020
XAT 2020 Result
3rd Week of January 2020
Get all the important dates related to XAT 2020 and XLRI admissions on the exam dates page.
XAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- To be eligible to apply for XAT 2020, you must have completed your Bachelor's degree of minimum three years' duration or equivalent in any subject from a recognized university in India or abroad.
- You are also eligible for XAT if you are in the final year of graduation and will complete your final examination by 10 June, 2020. However, check the exact date of completion of final examination listed by individual XAT associate member institutes.
- NRIs can apply through GMAT scores in XLRI (Except Dubai and Kathmandu candidates)
- No age bar.
Visit the eligibility criteria page for details.
XAT Exam Pattern 2020
XAT 2020 consists of 2 parts. The first part consists of 3 sections which includes English Language and Logical Reasoning, Decision Making, and Quantitative Ability. The second part consists of two sections; General Awareness and Essay Writing.
- English Language and Logical Reasoning: This section deals with comprehension and reasoning skills. What is required is the correct interpretation of passages given.
- Decision making: Many ethical dilemmas, financial issues and other major business cases are given where one has to take a decision keeping in mind the business parameters like profit, loss and revenue.
- Quantitative Ability: This section is a test of your basic mathematics and its applications in real life data.
- General Awareness: This section covers general knowledge and current affairs in the past 6 months, and other information about books, nobel laureates, sports, politics, etc.
- Essay Writing: Topics given are mostly in the abstract dimension to understand the applicant's coherence and flow of thoughts.
(Read: XAT Preparation Tips)
- The total duration of XAT Exam is 3 hours 35 minutes that is 215 minutes.
- The first three sections, English Language and Logical Reasoning, Decision Making, and Quantitative Aptitude are given a sum total of 2 hours and 50 minutes, that is 170 minutes to solve.
- The remaining sections, General Knowledge and Essay Writing, are given 45 minutes to complete.
Mode of Exam:
The XAT 2020 exam, breaking 60 years of tradition, will be an online computer-based test for the first time.
XAT 2020 is a three hour and 35 minutes-long online test that has undergone some changes in format and overall duration since last year. Visit the exam pattern page for details.
XAT Exam Centres
You can choose to sit for XAT 2020 at any of the 47 centers across the country listed on the exam's official website. Some of the centers are:
- New Delhi
The exam is also conducted abroad, in two international cities Dubai and Kathmandu. Visit the exam centers page for more centers and details.
XAT Application Form/Registration 2020
To register for XAT 2020 visit the registration page on exam's official website (xatonline.in). You will be asked to fill in your preliminary information. You will receive a provisional XAT ID number and a Password generated by the system which will also be sent to you via email and SMS.
Applications for the Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT 2020) have been open since 16 August, 2017 and will be open till 15 December, 2017 (with late fees). Follow the steps.
- To register for XAT 2020, visit the registration page on exam's official website (xatonline.in).
- You will be asked to fill in your preliminary information and will receive a provisional XAT ID number and a password.
- You can use the XAT ID and password to log in and complete the remaining application formalities.
- You will also be required to upload a scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- Print the confirmation page at the end of the process for reference.
Your XAT 2020 admit card and XAT 2020 results will be uploaded on the same website, and you can access your account to download these from the site itself.
You can opt to make the payment through one of the following ways:
- Online transaction on a VISA/Master credit/debit card or by IDBI net banking
- Cash payment: Take a print out of the XAT pay-in slip and visit an IDBI bank to make the payment
- Demand Draft (DD) in favour of "XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT" payable at Jamshedpur
Visit the XAT registration page for details.
XLRI Registration Process
The registration for XLRI postgraduate diploma management courses began on 16 August, 2017 and ends on 15 December, 2017 (with late fees). Get complete details about the registration process for XLRI on the XLRI page.
XAT/ XLRI Admission Office
XLRI Xavier School of Management
Circuit House Area (East)
Ph: 0657 665 3203/ 04/ 05
Toll free number: 1800 103 9574