UPSC to conduct IES/ ISS 2014 exam on 24 May
The Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) has issued the examination notification for recruitment to Junior Time Scale for the Indian Economic Services (IES) and Indian Statistical Services (ISS) Examination, 2014.
UPSE is conducting a combined examination for recruitment to Indian Economic Services/ Indian Statistical Services for the post of Junior Time scale. Appointment to the Services would be made on the basis of scores obtained in the test and number of available vacancies. The total numbers of vacancies available are given below:
- Indian Economic Services: 15
- Indian Statistical Services: 23
Reservations shall be made as per policy of Government.
Online applications submissions begins on: 8 February 2014
Last date for submission of online application: 10 March, 2014 till 11.59PM
Download admit cards: Three weeks before examination.
Examinations commences on: 24 May, 2014
Applicants should satisfy the following perquisites:
- Candidates must be Indian nationals or subject of Nepal or subject of Bhutan or a Tibetian refugee who have been living in India before 1962.
- Candidates should have completed the age of 21 years and should not be more than 30 years of age on 1st August, 2014.
- Age relaxation is prescribed for candidates belonging to SC/ST and ex-servicemen as per the policy laid down by the government.
- For Indian Economic Service: Candidates must have obtained a master's degree in Economics/ Applied Economics/Business Economics/ Econometric from recognized institutes/Universities in India or foreign university approved by Central government.
- For Indian Statistical Services: Candidates applying for the services must have a Bachelor's degree with Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Applied Statistics as one of the subjects or a post graduate degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Applied Statistics from a recognized institute/university in India or foreign university.
- Candidates who are appearing in the final year of qualifying examination may also apply.
- Physical fitness is essential for those seeking admission to IES/ISS, as per the regulations given laid down by the services.
Further details on the eligibility criteria can be found on the UPSC IES/ ISS eligibility criteria page.
Exam pattern and syllabus
The examination is conducted in two parts, namely, Part-I and Part-II. Part-I will include a written examination. The written test will comprise of six subjects consisting of one paper each on general Studies and general English, and four paper on Economics or Statictis( depending upon your choice of Servie). Each paper will be for duration of three hours. The written examination will be for a maximum of 1000 marks. The exam will be conducted in English medium only.
Please visit the UPSC IES/ ISS 2014 Exam Pattern & Syllabus page for complete details.
- Candidates may apply online through www.upsconline.nic.in.
- Applicants should avoid multiple submissions of application form. However, if you make multiple submissions the application with higher registration ID will be admissible.
Complete application process on the UPSC IES/ ISS 2014 application & fee page.
Notification- IES/ISS 2014, http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/2014/ies_iss/IES-ISS%202014%20Notice.pdf
Indian Economic Services/ Indian Statistical Services Examination, http://www.indiaeducation.net/civil_services/upsc/iesexam/